HIT THE SACK ON THE HAYLOFT - FARMHOUSE FIRBAS IN COGETINCI
Surrounded by the green hills and farm animals. A touch of agricultural aesthetics and exemplary tidiness. It all starts in the parlour.
At the innovative Firbas Farm, ideas come from the things that surround us. Once you visit, you’ll understand the love we feel for this place, the tranquility that surrounds us and the uniqueness that defines us. As soon as you step onto the farm, you will experience what hospitality here means. Upon your arrival, step into Štübl (the parlour) and taste delicacies from the farm: a light snack and homemade pear juice. Feel the beat of the farm life, the freshness of the nature that surrounds us, the rural aesthetics and the pattern of exemplary tidiness and let the unforgettable experience to begin with the delicious homemade 3-course dinner. Some say that this is already enough to fall in love with this place. We say: but wait, there’s more.
Bathe in the bucket and hit the sack on a hayloft
You will light a fire for an invigorating tub under the stars (outdoor tub) and afterwards climb onto the hayloft to hit the sack. A creatively designed spacious bedroom in the hayloft is just perfect for you to get some good night sleep and enter the world of dreams. But not for long: the rooster’s crowing in the morning will remind you that a day at the farm starts early. First, you will feed the animals and then treat yourself with a delicious Firbas breakfast. But what then? Relaxing on the terrace or under the canopy of Williams, maybe a ride with an e-bike (that you can rent here, at the farm, 2 hours free of charge) to nearby attractions, including healing springs? Possibilities are countless, some say that we’re closer to the stars here. Come to see what this means.
Briefly about what do you get when you book the package
An exclusive package for sleeping on a hayloft plus a range of the adventures at the Firbas farm: this includes the welcome snack and drink at the parlour, a sneak peak into the farm life (a guided tour of the homestead), a relaxing and invigorating bathe in the open-air tub, a three-course home-made dinner, an overnight on a hayloft above the barn, morning feeding of the farm animals, a full Firbas breakfast, a possibility of sporting activities on the farm, relaxing on the terrace or in the orchard and a chance to rent e-bikes for exploring the surroundings.
The full description of the package
The package includes:
- A welcome drink and snack at the parlour where you will taste the first delicacies from the farm, including the renowned pear juice.
- A guided tour of the homestead where you get a sneak peak into the Firbas Farm, including the story of the famous Williams pear. You will see the herb garden, playgrounds, glamping houses, handmade outdoor tub, grandfather’s workshop and other handmade unique items. And of course farm animals: cows, horses, sheep, rabbits, ducks, kittens and a dog.
- Instructions for the preparation of the invigorating tub. Yes, you read it correctly: you will light the fire by yourself, to enjoy in a wooden tub under the clear skies later.
- A three-course dinner prepared from fresh organic ingredients from our backyard. This includes a seasonal soup, a main course with a side salad and the famous Firbas layer cake).
- A relaxing tub. In pure nature. Under the stars.
- An overnight on a hayloft above the barn
- Morning feeding of the animals and a genuine contact with the farm life.
- A full Firbas breakfast (farm goodies, including delicious freshly baked black bread, spreads, tea, coffee, juice, meats and fresh vegetables).
- A possibility of sports activities at the homestead and renting e-bikes (up to 2 hours free of charge) for exploring the surroundings or just relaxing on the terrace, in the orchard or at the pool.
- A possibility to buy products, produce and souvenirs at Štübl.
The whole experience is guided by the owners, usually by Bojan Firbas, the young master of the homestead.
When, where and how much does it cost
You can arrive anytime after 3 pm. We will welcome you at the parlour, show you around the place and pamper all your senses between heaven and earth. The next day, we ask you to take your things out of the hayloft until 11am, but at the same time invite you to explore the surrounding area all day long. You can rent a bicycle (2 hours free of charge).
The package is available from early April until the end of October.
Firbas Farmhouse, Cogetinci 60
2236 Cerkvenjak, Slovenia
GPS: 46°35’15.7″N 15°58’02.2″E
The easiest way to find us is to leave the Pomurje highway at Sveti Jurij ob Ščavnici and follow the signs to our farm (don’t worry, there are many). We are located between Firbas Homestead between Blaguša and Negova lakes.
Price for 2 adults: 290.00 EUR
Price for 6 adults: 660.00 EUR
Children under 4 years are free of charge.
Children from 4 to 15 years of age get 50% discount.
Children over 15 are considered adults.
Prices do not include VAT (9.5%).
For reservations please send us an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you shortly and discuss all your needs.
What to bring with you – recommendations:
Comfortable clothing; sneakers (remember to walk bare feet around the farm). Don’t forget your bathrobe, swimwear, slippers, towel and suncream.